Sunday, August 24, 2008

Blueberry Cupcake Recipe - Cooking Light Magazine

Every month I can't wait for my next issue of Cooking Light Magazine. I have subscribed for almost 4 years now and I love all of their recipes. I found this recipe and fell in love. Lemon and Blueberry is one of my all-time favorite combos. Just thought I would share...

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups + 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
10 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Sift together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the melted butter and egg. Whisk in the buttermilk, milk and lemon zest. Add the buttermilk mixture to flour mixture in three additions, scraping the bowl after each. Fold the blueberries into the batter and pour into a lined cupcake tin. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with cream cheese frosting and fresh blueberries. Store covered in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs