Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shower her with lingerie...

When I got the call from Tiffany asking me to make a creative cake for Krisie's lingerie shower, I must admit... I was a little nervous! Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge. But baking for people you went to high school with can be intimidating. There's the desire to impress, the feelings of insecurity, and the passion to do your best.

Krisie is getting married one week before me and we have both dated our husbands-to-be for nearly 10 years! She is a beautiful person, inside and out. I made her a Red Velvet cake with classic cream cheese frosting. I love this traditional southern recipe!

When I delivered the cake, all of my nerves and insecurities went away immidiately. I was greeted by several old friends that I haven't seen in years. Best of all... they each said the nicest things about my cakes! I truly felt honored to bake this cake for such a special occasion in Krisie's life.


1 comment:

  1. You are AMAZING!!! I loved it and I LOVE YOU :)

    Krisie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs