Saturday, May 23, 2009

Perfect Pineapple Wedding Cake

There was a lot of love and do-it-yourself projects that went into our wedding day. We painted wooden table numbers, hand-sewed the ring pillow, made the veil, dug holes for the 10-ft bamboo poles around the dancefloor, and selected each song to be played by our cousin and brother-in-law on the guitar during our ceremony. The entire planning process itself is a wonderful memory.

One of my absolute favorite elements of the day was - of course - our cake. A few people asked me if I made it... and I probably just looked at them with one of those "are you crazy" kind of looks. We selected an island pineapple cake from Cakes by Carie in Eustis. It was simple, elegant and delicious.


My uncle Bill spent hours in his workshop making the special wooden box that our cake was displayed on. I now use the box for wedding keepsakes such as invitations, pressed flowers, etc. I know this sounds cheesy, but I hope my daughter will want to use this cake stand for her wedding one day.




Now, if only our one year anniversary would get here ASAP... I am having trouble staying away from the cake in our freezer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs