Friday, September 11, 2009

Nine Eleven

The Sixth Sense was a scary movie, but I don’t remember much about the plot. It was September 11, 1999… I was sixteen years old and all I could think about was the cute boy holding my hand. It was our first date, and the beginning of our love story.

Our story isn’t perfect, but that is what makes love so beautiful. God brings two completely different people together and makes them one. I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but I know he will be there… making me laugh, encouraging my dreams, strengthening my faith, and leaving the toilet seat up. Over the past decade, Brian and I have created a life together… a life of excitement and passion. I can’t wait to see where God’s plan will take us, I can’t wait to raise a family together and watch my husband become an amazing father, and I can’t wait to wake up next to him every morning for the rest of my life.

September 11th is a bittersweet day for me. I remember the nervous butterflies when he picked me up for our date in 1999 and I remember holding his hand silently watching the news coverage in 2001. Although our story means the world to me, there is a more important story for the world. Life can change in an instant. Be happy, love more, and focus on the gifts that God has given you!


2 comments:

  1. Andrea, you two are just as cute now as you were then!!!! :) :)

    Loved this!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs