Monday, October 19, 2009

Inspiring Creativity

I know you all think i'm so cool and not-at-all nerdy. Well, think again. When I was younger I was part of an Odyssey of the Mind team... not just any team, but a two-time state champion team. I know you are jealous.

We spent our evenings problem solving, writing skits, designing props and letting our imaginations run wild. Oh to be 13 again. My team's coach, Gillian, inspired me to think outside of the box and taught me that no goal is too far out of reach.

Gillian's daughter, Leigh, planned the most amazing 50th birthday surprise party for her mom... and asked me to make the cake! I had so much fun making this zebra-print two tier cake for Gillian. I really think it reflects her anything-goes personality.

The cake was chocolate with mint filling on the bottom layer and vanilla with raspberry filling on the top. The brown zebra stripes were made with homemade marshmallow fondant. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I so remember the Odyssey of the Mind!!! Can we go back to those care-free days??? Haha!! Beautiful cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh what a cool cake....I am sure Gillian loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs