Thursday, March 3, 2011

Wedding Cupcake Tower

Wedding cupcakes are such a fun, modern twist on a classic wedding cake. I am so happy with the way Lauren & Michael's cupcakes turned out.

They chose simple flavors, such as Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream, Vanilla Buttermilk Cupcakes with Chocolate Fudge Frosting, and Strawberry-Filled Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream. For the cake topper (which is now in their freezer waiting on their one-year anniversary), they chose Chocolate Cake with Cookies n' Cream filling.


The bride asked for this "branch" detail, which I think turned out so beautiful. The morning of the wedding, I cut the branch and stripped all of it's leaves. I used dark brown spraypaint to acheive the color of the wooden cupcake stand and let it dry for a few hours. I used a padded art tape to adhere the branch to the cupcake stand. LOVE it!
Lauren found this adorable "Love" cake topper on etsy.

Lauren surpirsed Michael with a groom's cake... she asked for his favorite Cookies n' Cream Filling and i decorated it with a nautical theme. Yum!


I just love my solid-wood, 7-tier cupcake display stand... and I can't wait to use it for more wedding cupcake orders! Also, I want to thank Ashley McCormick for sending me these AMAZING cake photos. Be sure to check out her photography blog!

3 comments:

  1. Andrea, you did a great job! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so cute! You did great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad we finally got these up! ;) I just loved Lauren & Michael's cupcakes, and they were delicious as usual. Thank you Andrea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs