Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Be there, or be square.

I adore square-shaped cakes. They look so modern and fresh. A few months ago, my mom and I stopped in a HomeGoods store during my quest to find a square cake platter, and there it was, sitting on the clearance shelf surrounded by broken picture frames and dust-covered vases. This ceramic beauty was in perfect condition and I couldn't wait to use it. Best of all, it cost less than 10 items from the $1 menu at McDonalds!

Remember the Handy Manny cake I made for Brock? Well, it was his big sister's turn to get a special cake of her own this past weekend. I made a four-layer Vanilla Butter Cake with White Chocolate frosting for Bethany's 9th birthday. I topped the cake with tropical yellow flowers made out of fondant.


Bethany came with her dad to pick up the cake... and I am so happy she did because I was able to see the excitement on her face when she first saw it! Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs