Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Pink Polka Dot Bikini

I love planning events and parties... I love it so much, I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Recreational Event Planning! After this weekend, I think I have met my match...Shelby's mom, Heather is a NATURAL! For her daughter's 4th birthday, she planned a super-fun polka dot pool party. There were chicken fingers and french fries, adorable polka dot serving dishes, and even colorful paper plates attached to the pool's cabana to look like polka dots! Heather is amazing with details, so I wanted to make sure the cake was no exception.

For Shelby's cake, I made a two-tier Chocolate Cake with Fudge Filling and Lemon Cake with Lemon Curd Filling. The entire cake was frosted with White Chocolate Buttercream and decorated with colorful fondant dots.





For Shelby's party favors, I made these adorable polka-dot Bikini Sugar Cookies. They are decorated with royal icing and packaged in cellophane gift bags tied with wire ribbon. Shelby wore a pink polka dot swimsuit of her own... so CUTE!


Finally, here is a picture of Mandi and I with the cookies. Remember Mandi's birthday cake? I just love this girl (and her family too!). Heather, thanks for trusting me with such a fun birthday cake... oh yeah, and tell Eric I mentioned him on the Blog as promised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs