Friday, April 3, 2009

This Cake is Bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Brian and I eat alot of bananas. In fact, my grocery cart seems to magnetically attract bananas everytime I am in the store. I guess I'm afraid there will be a banana shortage or something.

I rejoice on those rare occasions when several bananas don't get eaten and begin to turn brown. Over-ripe bananas don't last long in my kitchen... they quickly turn into quickbread or these amazingly wonderful cupcakes.


One of my best friends, Lauren, just celebrated her 29th birthday and I wanted to make her a sweet treat. I took the same recipe that I used to make her daughter's first birthday cake back in 2007 and made these delicious Banana Cupcakes. The cakes are light and fluffy with intense banana flavor. I topped them off with cream cheese-peanut butter frosting to satisfy her sweet tooth.

When I delivered them to Lauren's house, Raigan (her daughter) instantly licked the frosting off of one and wouldn't even share with mommy! That is a good sign...


1 comment:

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs